Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Red, Black and White is coming up roses.

I thought I would have this top finished by the end of February, but it didn't happen. I have been having loads of problems sleeping and didn't want to sew too much when I was so tired. I thought I'd make more mistakes if I sewed whilst feeling so strung out...and I was right.

Last night I finally got to sleep before 4am. It was an early 12am when I finally fell asleep. So, today was a marathon of sewing to finally sew up the sashes, put on the black frame, and then the frame of the delicious roses fabric.

Here are some photo's..

Framed and bordered.
Added sashes

  A close up
    Isn't this fabric wonderful
  This will be the backing fabric.

I'm going to use the backing fabric and a black bobbin to disguise any mistakes that might happen. This is the largest quilt top I have ever made. I just don't know where to start. I know what do to, but I am at a loss as to 'where' to start. Do I start at the middle and work out?

Oh and a small friend of mine became rather exhausted with my sewing marathon. This is Mr Mrrow and I love how he is sleeping.





Take Care, and sweet dreams like Mr Mrrow.

3 comments:

  1. You quilt top is looking fabulous. The rose material was perfect for it in the end. I love the backing material.

    With the quilt top I quilted I started in the middle which worked well for me because it anchored all the material nicely.

    Good luck with the quilting part can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Honey. I'm thinking the fleur de lys stencil in the middle of the stars, some echo quilting for the outside of the stars, and around the red roses with a vine pattern interspresed so it looks like a living climbing rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stars are just wonderful!!! Love the setting fabric...hey I tried to answer your comment and you came back as "no reply"...thank you for your visit to my blog!!

    ReplyDelete