Well, the brewing has stopped and I have two projects in mind. The first one is a quilt for my adorable nephew Kane on his naming day. Instead of making a cot size, I am making a single bed sized quilt with a pillow case. I am using the One Bizillion BC range and panel. It is a black back ground with bright cartoonish dinosaurs. It looks fabulous.
My husband took me to three different shops today to try and find the co-ordinating fabrics but alas, none were found. Thank goodness for the internet, it is now on the way. Photos will follow.
The second quilt is using the 12 days of Christmas panel from Moda. I am cutting it up and making it into a better shape, resembling a Christmas tree. I'm still deciding on how I will do it. Either piece it or applique. Hmm...too many ideas forming.
Watching a DVD on design boards today, and I feel I need one. I do sketch my ideas, no matter how ridiculous they look, but fabric choices are not my strong suit without much contemplation.
Hopefully tomorrow I can post some pictures of what I am doing. I think the Christmas quilt will be first as I can try out techniques on it that will be refined by the time I create Kane's quilt.
TTFN
No comments:
Post a Comment