Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Plum full of Jelly's

Well, I have been bitten by the hexagon bug and started using a charm pack by Moda, Me and My Sister 'Happy' design. Then I realised I wanted it to be bigger and thought what could I do? I searched all over the net but prices were quite high and I figured a jelly roll would be easier to use as it is 2.5".

Late yesterday afternoon I received a newsletter from Hobbysew about the upcoming specials which included 15% off Moda pre-cuts. This combined with my frequent shopper discount brought them down to $48 a roll and I didn't have to pay postage. I was very sneaky and found three of the jelly rolls in the shop in this range and put them on layby. Now, I think I will have plenty of fabric to finish my new obsession. Even when I get sick of it, I can always go back to it.

Now, I'm looking for a nice box/basket to sit on my side table to put all my hand sewing items in. To have them on hand, keep them away from the kids and more importantly to make certain the cats don't have too much fun with my threads.

I've received my Colour Swap details and am excited but trying to find food in that colour is going to be fun. I look forward to making my handmade item too. I'm a bit worried about my Best Friends Exchange 2011 as I can't seem to get in touch with my partner. I hope she is ok, and just cross my fingers we can get in touch with each other soon.

So much to do and so little time. Thank goodness the kids go back to school on Monday. I will be posting often in the next few days and hopefully will figure out how to post pictures to the blog. Trial and error I think will be the best way, and as a quilter I am more than aware how often I try things, make errors and continue to learn new things everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment