Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finally adding some photo's

So, I've finally uploaded my photo's and thought I'd share some.

This is my red, black and white quilt top. With the sashes lightly placed to ensure the dramatic effect I was trying for. I did have another border fabric chosen, but thanks to my Mum and Sister that has changed.

My first attempt at English paper piecing...a pin cushion. Thanks to my lovely cat Dexter for helping me to model my work.





Fortunately, I learned a lot from this first attempt. I did manage to make another cushion, but I made the mistake of trying to finish it when I was tired. It ended up inverted on one side and looks quite odd. I'm too embarassed to show you all a picture.

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures look great and Dexter is looking fabulous as a model.

    Glad I finally got on to your blog it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your black & red quilt is just stunning! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely quilt, and don't worry about the mistake (which I can't spot at all)life is all about learning! :)

    ReplyDelete